Another Cooking Blog!

I'm continuing to maintain my other blog, Cooking My Way Through The Columbia, about the Columbia Restaurant Cookbook. But I wanted to start another one so I can talk about other cooking and food topics.

Listen to the Flavors came to me as a name when I was tasting an eggplant-basil-mozzarella bruschetta sandwich I'd made for the first time. There were kids and a lot of noise in the room, and I excused myself to the patio so I could have some peace. "I need to listen to the flavors," I found myself saying. Somehow, the quiet helped me hear what I liked and didn't like about the new recipe I had just created. It allowed me to notice that it really did not need tomatoes as I thought it might, but it did need some kind of tangy drizzle, like white wine vinegar. Listening is also the best way to enjoy food. I can't always go to a quiet place to taste food, but as I cook, eat, and write more, I strive to be a good food listener.

I hope you enjoy what you read here, and that it inspires you to cook and share good food with friends. I welcome your comments and ideas, too. Thanks for reading!

~Lori Sanders

Comments

  1. Lori, you described our day beautifully. It's hard to believe that it has been almost a week since we were all together, but you write with such a great sense of place I found myself transported back to the ferry building. I swear I could taste the hot chocolate and the olive oils again! So glad to have met and look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Sharon! You're right - it doesn't seem like a whole week has nearly passed. I look forward to reading your blog and story about the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fast and Furious Food

Cheeseless Pizza? Challenge Accepted